If you want to increase your online presence, you need to stand out from the competition. The best way to do that is by employing unorthodox social media strategies that will make your content stand out. Here are some ideas that will help you do just that.
- Get innovative with the visuals. Create content that stands out with layers of creative material such as videos, GIFs, infographics, polls, and questionnaires. Each of those can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level, but make sure the visuals don’t distract from the actual message.
- Go beyond traditional platforms. You don’t need to be on every single platform to build your presence. Instead, find ones that are more niche and tailor content to those platforms specifically, like using YouTube for tutorials or Twitter for polls and live Q&A sessions.
- Make customer service a top priority. Customers expect quick response times from brands they follow on social media. Show them you value their time by responding to their concerns within a few hours. This will leave a lasting impression and encouraged customers to be more loyal.
- Get interactive with followers. Give your followers something to engage with. Ask them questions, encourage them to share their stories or link their influencer network. Doing this lays the foundations for long-term relationships.
- Let your followers be part of the creative process. They might have great ideas for content, so encourage feedback and ask them to contribute and suggest topics or updates. This could give you a great opportunity to cross-promote.
- Create campaigns around popular topics. Look at the topics trending in your sector and piggyback off those; however, don’t get too serious with the topics you cover. Lighter subjects such as humor, gifs, and popular culture references do well as long as they are still related to your brand.
By implementing some of these unorthodox strategies, you can help grow your online presence in a more creative and engaging way. Ultimately, success comes down to understanding your audience. Identifying their preferences and interests will give you the insights you need to create content that resonates with them.